PLEASE...

PLEASE...

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My shoping experience

So yesterday, I went to my favorite shopping store...Wal-Mart. I frequent that store, sometimes going more than once a week.

I needed some Clartin-D the prescription kind, which you have to get from behind the counter. First you have to get a card from the shelves in the pharmacy area and then go and stand in line to "pick it up" from the cashier. So, I get in line to do just that. It's my turn, and I go up to the window. I hand her the card, the cashier reaches behind her and grabs a box from the shelf. I hand her my ID. She looks at it and says,


HER: " Oh, I can't take this".

ME: "Excuse me I say".


HER: "Yeah, I can't take military ID cards as identification...I need to see your driver's license".

ME: "I don't have my driver's license on me...it's in the car".


HER: "Well, I can't take this" (referring to my military ID card)


ME: "ARE YOU KIDDING ME"?


HER: "No madam"


ME: "Why NOT"?


HER: "Miss so and so (referring now to the PHARMACIST), can you explain to her why we can't take her military ID card".


PHARMACIST: "I don't know why she can't accept that...if she say she can't accept it, she can't accept it".


ME: "What if I didn't have a driver's license"? "What do people do that don't drive"?


PHARMACIST: "Well, they have a STATE ISSUED ID CARD".


ME: (looking DUMBFOUNDED AND NOT BELIEVING WHAT I AM HEARING) "Well, I just used my military ID card at the other Wal-Mart (on my side of town) just last week and bought some".



HER: "Well, that's on them". "They're not supposed to accept it".


ME: "This is the most ASININE (extremely or utterly foolish) thing I have EVERY heard"


And with that I walked away STEAMING. All I could think is...somebody is going to HEAR about this!


I left the store, the whole time thinking, I think corporate headquarters needs to hear this one!


So when I got home, I called up twin and told her what happened, and she said...why aren't you calling Wal-Mart? I said...I don't know...I will. She said..do it NOW!


With that I got on the phone (she had to listen too on the other line) and I got customer service representative "Sydney". She listened to my "story" and was very apologetic, and reassured me that a GOVERNMENT ISSUED MILITARY ID CARD IS A VALID FORM OF ID, and that she was SO SORRY that happened to me. She took my phone number and said that someone would be contacting me.


Then I made another phone call (twin prompting me too) so to the Wal-Mart manager of the store that this happened in. He too assured me that a GOVERNMENT ISSUE MILITARY ID CARD IS A VALID FORM OF ID, and he too was sorry that happened, and he was going to go and speak to BOTH OF THEM right then. I told him that I had called cooperate and that they would probably be contacting him about his incident.


Bill Engval, the comedian, has a routine titled, "here's your sign". I wish I had this sign to give to the both of them.



Tell me what you think...was this crazy to you, or has this every happened to you?!

post signature


6 comments:

JennyMac said...

Wow....

People's idiocy never fails to amaze me...or give me something to blog about. LOL.

That pic of Kristen Wiig cracked me up.

HaYn Mama said...

As a military dependent, I am totally appalled! I would have been steaming too... I use my military id all the time because for some strange reason I feel like it's more valid than my driver's license and at one point I had no drivers' license so I had to use my military id.... I'm so glad you called Walmart and reported those bleepin' idiots! Good on you! Gosh I needed to turn up the ac to cool down after reading this, LOL! God Bless those who hold a military id... our country would be less than free with out you!!!

Sherry said...

OHHH BOY!!! Wish I had been there!

Teener said...

Hmmmm. What goof balls! They need to get a life. Nice of the Pharm to stand behind his employee, but he should know store policies. Good for you, my friend. You never cease to amaze me by the way you are able to handle these things. Like life is not hard and complicated enough. Good grief, Charlie Brown!

Scrappy Girl said...

Just wanted to pop over and say...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hope your day is filled with FUN! I miss ya here in blogland.

kanishk said...

That pic of Kristen Wiig cracked me up.
home jobs without registration