WELCOME, WELCOME. Sabbath Morning
Now We REST from every care.
Welcome, welcome is Thy Dawning,
Holy Sabbath, Day of Prayer.
I can hear my mom singing that song...even now. Although she has been gone (in November it will be) for 20 years. Sunday was a special day. She would turn on the TV and listen to the "Gospel Jubilee" show. It was the highlight of our morning. We got to where we learned the words to some of the songs. It wasn't the same every Sunday if that show wasn't on.
Well, since I am grown and have a family of my own, I don't get to hear that show anymore. As a matter of fact, my Sunday's aren't as stress free as I remember growing up. Then I only had to take care of myself. When I got married, I had to take care of myself and my DH. (Don't ask) Then as children came along, things got even MORE STRESSFUL on Sunday mornings.
Now my kids are grown and out of the house. All that is left at home is my DH, and my "pup" and his "tiger". You would think that things would be so much calmer now and less stressful. HA!
Come with me as I tell you what THIS morning has been like!
Alarm. 5:25AM. DH it's time to get up.
OK. I will in a minute.
Alarm 5:30AM. Babe, it's 5:30. It time to get up.
OK. Just a minute.
Alarm 5:35AM. OK...now it's 5:35AM. You need to get up!
Uh huh.
Alarm 5:40AM. T....it's 5:40AM...IT'S TIME TO GET UP!
I get up and let the "pup" out and go in the kitchen to take my meds. I start packing him a lunch (he is going to RH today for a viewing of a friend that he grew up with). Then I think, while I am up I might as well start defrosting the meat for dinner later. I feed the "pup" and the "tiger". Since I was dead dog tired from my weekend, I forgot I did not unload the dishwasher. So I do that and reload it.
At that point I decide it would be nice to have homemade french bread in the bread machine. I start checking for ingredients to make sure I have everything..WHEW...I do! But I don't start working on that yet.
Then I go and make sure the DH did really get up out of the bed. (THANK GOODNESS HE HAD...OTHERWISE THIS PART OF THE STORY WOULD BE UGLY!!)
I go back into the kitchen and start making him breakfast. (If I didn't he wouldn't eat...and that would not be GOOD for the rest of the world, since he is a diabetic!!) Then, I take his food along with his veg-a-vit-a-vitamins to him. At this point I tell him I am not going with him today to RH. (that went over well...NOT. Probably b/c he didn't have food in him yet. I forget those small details!!) Anyways, then I tell him that their is a box that I need him to take with him to his meeting. I tell him everything is marked of who it goes to.
Then we come into the den. He starts gathering up his scriptures and his brief case. And then the BOX!! He doesn't have enough hands for it. So I pick up the box and follow him to the door. He takes his scriptures and his briefcase to the car and comes back for the BOX! So I open the door to hand him the BOX and the dear, sweet, (NOT) tiger decides he wants to MAKE A RUN FOR IT! (he is an inside cat ONLY). IF LOOKS COULD KILL...I would have been dead at that point!! So he starts chasing his precious kitty. Thankfully, he didn't go into the neighbors yard, under their deck this time. (Ask Sasha about that story!!)
So we get the "tiger" back in. And he grabs the BOX and leaves. On his way to the car, he says the AC unit is humming!! (which means that the storm that came through yesterday must have reset the AC unit...I know this b/c since we have lived here we have had more trouble with that DARN thing. It's a dinosaur!!) So I come in put some "outside" clothes on and grab my shoes and go outside. I reset the unit (thank goodness the AC man had taught me how to do that years ago!) I come back in. Then I remember I probably should change the air filter since it's been over a month since I have done that. So, I get the screw driver and change it.
I then go into the kitchen and start mixing the ingredients for the bread in the bread machine. I start cooking the meat. Then I remember I need to give the "pup" his medicine. I mix up the sauce for the lasagna. While that is cooking I decide to start cleaning up the "tiger's" kitty litter box and deposits! (DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THAT!!) I get that all done and bagged up, and set the trash bag on the back deck. At which point the "pup" decides he wants to go out too. So I let him out. He starts smelling the trash bag. (I set it on the deck b/c I am TOO lazy to take it to the trash can... BIG MISTAKE!!) I tell him to get away from that and go out in the yard and play with his friends. He hears them "talking" to him and he starts "talking" back to them and starts to head down the stairs. I come in. At which point, I say I need to print the program for today. So I start up the computer and realize I don't see my "pup" or hear him "talking" any more. And the thought came to me..."is he digging in that trash bag?" SURE ENOUGH...HE WAS!! By the time I got to him he had a NICE hole in the bag...just CHEWING AWAY. ON WHO KNOWS WHAT...but he was GOING TO TOWN!! (He had just eaten too this morning! But I guess he needed more fiber!!) Mind you this is the same sweet "pup" who we just spent $782 on last weekend from an digestional problem!! I get him out of the trash and come in and get a trash bag so I can rebag the trash!!
At that point...the song "Sabbath Morning" popped into my head.
I then said...I NEED TO BLOG!!
I miss those non stressful Sabbath Mornings!!








5 comments:
Holy cow! What a morning!
HOLY CANOLI! sounds like you should get up earlier! LOL I kid!
This was hilarious! It´s gonna be one of those days!
OH MY HECK! THIS WAS HYSTERICAL! YOU DONE GOOD! I wish you would write MORE like this! :-)
BEAT THE DANG DOG AND CAT FOR ME! LOL LOL LOL
NO, CAGE TIME! LOL
Hysterical! Not at you,.. with you!
Post a Comment