After I got back from all my traveling...DH decided that he wanted to shampoo all the carpets downstairs. You know...no better time that 2 weeks before Christmas. RIGHT?! So for 5 days of last week this is what my house looked like. (I took pictures, cause I knew you would want to see!!)
Now some of you may be asking, "why did it take 5 days?", or "why is that fan in your LR?" Well, I'll tell you why!! It's because DH has never (did I mean, NEVER...well, yes I did) used my carpet shampooer before. He has rented others...but never used mine!
Friends, he used TOO.MUCH.WATER!!
And guess what! For 5 DAYS, count them, my carpets were SOAKED. Soaked to the point that whenever you walked on them barefooted water squished in between your toes..ICKY!! Whenever you left the den to the kitchen, you had to be careful and not walk fast, or else you would fall on your REAR!. (DH almost did...that's how I know!!)
So DH decided to help them dry, we would turn up the heat (it was the week that is was hot here in the south), and get all the fans we had in the house and BLOW them on the carpets! It helped some...but his idea didn't work to well!!
I know, I know, his intent was good, and they do look SO MUCH BETTER...but I am just saying...2 weeks before Christmas?!









1 comment:
Oh man, I should totally do that.
Post a Comment